A health technology company digitises the aging and caregiving platform with the help of NashTech API solution
We helped Philips Healthcare digitise their caregiving platform & enhance user experience with emergency request routing & real-time notifications
About Philips Healthcare
A global leader in health technology, this organisation is revolutionising how patients receive care and enabling better outcomes across the healthcare continuum. Headquartered in the US, our partner is an industry leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring, and health informatics, along with consumer health and home care.
The company has been a pioneer in the medical alerts category in North America and still holds the #1 position in the industry. Leading the industry for the last four decades, the organisation is catering to over 7 million seniors and their family members through a network of more than 2,500 hospitals and senior living facilities.
The motivation behind their caregiving products is to make it easier for the family members of aging loved ones to take care of them. The company provides an easy-to-use medical alert system that lets you summon help at any time of the day or night, even from someone who cannot speak.
Help is available at a click of a button present on a wristband or pendant. A trained Personal Response Associate will ensure that you get 24/7 prompt and speedy help.
However, the technology was witnessing a few challenges because of the rising customer expectations.
- The manual onboarding process would take almost 15 days to integrate a new customer.
- Customers could not make changes independently like adding a notifier or responder, changing their payment method, inviting a new user, etc.
- There was no common platform for the current solutions built on the old technology stack.
- Users could not track medical alerts, notifications, and device status.
- The application was unable to make any personalised recommendations to customers based on their medical conditions.
- Device analytics was missing as there was no way to track how many people were actively using the application. Having a track of the status of devices allows for notification in case a device is offline or running out of battery.
NashTech worked closely with the health-tech giant to digitise their existing stack and help them with enhanced customer experience. Here are the solutions that have been implemented:
- The onboarding and registration process has been automated and the lead time has come down from 15 days to 2 minutes.
- An aging citizen can easily make changes now and create a circle of trusted family and friends, receive notifications and get meaningful insights into their health.
- Personalised promotional recommendations are now possible on the basis of the user’s medical history and profile. The application can push content related to new services that the user can benefit from.
- Family members can share notes about the health of their loved ones and upload pictures and videos within the application.
- Intelligent tracking of availability of notifiers and responders so that the system can decide on routing any emergency request.
- Medical profiles are well-maintained with live tracking of the aging person’s well-being.
- Customers can now avail real-time notifications.
- User onboarding time was brought down from 15 days to 2 mins
- The entire application was built on the principles of reactive programming
- Real-time notifications and personalized recommendations were made possible