NashTech implemented a Shift Left Test automation pipeline to ensure the quality of an IoV (Internet of Vehicles) based platform
NashTech introduced automation of API test cases through open source tool Postman, so that developers can also execute those test cases effectively. We helped the client move towards a Shift-left testing approach in the development lifecycle which significantly reduced the testing time.
An Internet of Vehicles (IoV) company is a platform that delivers your connected vehicle data. It’s a platform that allows companies to create safer and better driving experiences by ingesting, hosting, and transforming raw data from vehicles into usable information for consumer apps and business applications.
With a small team of experienced professional engineers and efficient managers ,this company has become proof of the transformation of Michigan’s economy. We transmit structured data in low latency, enabling developers to create mobility apps of the future. Our platform includes intuitive device management, over-the-air device updates, and clustered services to allow for high data integrity and availability.
The mission of the company is to provide a barrier-free entry to the connected vehicle industry with a platform that can handle any connectivity mechanism, any number of devices, any amount of data, and any app so that companies can focus on achieving the benefits of connected vehicles: safer roads, smarter businesses, and better driving experiences.
Now the main challenge faced during testing this platform is to provide quality services to match the customers’ expectations.
- Build the QA process and plan to test the application.
- More than 800 test case had to be created to test the application thoroughly
- The application had to be tested in diverse environments.
- Unclear requirements and changing priorities on a frequent basis.
- End-to-end testing had to be performed to cover all the major components involved.
- Regression testing of API’s had to be performed after every release with more than 800 manual test cases.
- The product had to be tested on different devices and operating systems.
- To improve the UI and the application usability for end-users, recommendations on UIs testing were made
- A lot of manual testing of API’s had to be performed during migration of database.
Since applications look and feel constantly changing with the rising customers, it was a challenging task to adopt automation testing. To deliver services that meet expectations, we had to find a way to provide a better quality of the product. So that every customer gets the right information about the vehicle.
- In terms of providing the best solution, our main concern is to provide a quality product without any hurdle in clients /customer satisfaction. Along with that NashTech first move is to adopt the Agile Testing process so that testing becomes a team responsibility because a tester works with a team of developers and can suggest changes or improvements to uncover any gaps in requirements. Action had to be performed for better quality production
- Created and updated the test plan regularly as per requirements.
- Introduced automation of API test cases through open source tool Postman, so that developers can also execute those test cases effectively.
- Created Centralise documentation over confluence
- Manual test cases of Backed API’s.
- Test execution steps.
- Test automation best practices.
- Attended Scrum ceremonies- Daily stand-up, Sprint planning, capacity planning and retrospective meeting for the better understanding of client requirements. Also share the detailed QA metrics after each iteration.
- Introduced test cases management tool -Zephyr to maintain GUI test cases and bugs.
- Integrated the Postman collection to CI/CD pipeline -CircleCI for reducing the time to create and maintain test cases.
- Explored different logging tools to check the application log/data to debug.
- End to end understanding of application.
- Record and Play Jmeter scripts for performance testing.
Complete flow of API Automation with CI/CD Pipeline
- 70% reduction in test execution time – We helped the client move towards a Shift-left testing approach in the development lifecycle which significantly reduced the testing time.
- Better process workflows – The new framework allowed NashTech to streamline the client’s code promotion to higher environments. We also helped the client to quickly identify the improvement areas in the lifecycle and execute the tests on demand.
- 3x improvement SLAs – Automation enabled releases into production environments with the click of a button. The product was able to meet the highest standards of quality for the customers which brought a major boost to the SLAs.
- Test Plan and design strategy
- Execution Reports
- Production Launch Checklist
- Active sprint test automation matrices
- Bug postmortem and leakage report
Implement a Practical Test Automation Pyramid with NashTech
NashTech has an impressive track record of providing excellent Quality Assurance services to clients worldwide. We cover the full test automation pyramid by introducing test suites at different levels, such as
- Functional Testing
- Regression testing
- API Testing
- Smoke Test
- Performance (Stress and Load)
- Graphic User Interface
- Database Testing (GraphQl. Postgresql/SQL, Cassandra)
- Acceptance, Usability, and Accessibility